The Parks of Beauty and Science - Sicily
The Parks of Beauty and Science (PBS) are a social, educational, economic and research network infrastructures connecting territories that are protagonists of important metamorphosis processes.
All PBSs are born and evolve around the great (s)nodes of the contemporary world: the need to combat economic and social inequalities and to recognise the processes of climate change.
Each PBS is thematically interconnected to the social capabilities of the territories and is located in areas of the Messina Foundation and the Messina Evolved Social District of great architectural and/or environmental value, which were in conditions of severe degradation and are now protagonists of urban and social regeneration processes.
All BSPs live from a fruitful and generative osmosis between scientific and technological research, needs, desires and prospects for sustainable development of local territories and communities.
From a functional point of view, the Parks of Beauty and Science operate and will operate for:
- aggregate social and productive organisations, pre-existing and/or co-generated by the policies designed, coordinated and financed by the Messina Foundation;
- promote research and development at an international level, fostering processes of scientific-technological auditing, prototyping, technology transfer and research on contemporary design closely interconnected with the evolutionary strategic plans of sustainable local development of the territories in which they operate;
- to complete and characterise the cultural and educational offer of the territories around the (s)nodes of IPBS, promoting educating communities;
- to accompany and support progressively broader processes of territorial metamorphosis;
- to promote evolved models of community welfare, favouring the meeting between a social demand and the supply of a territory that generates alternatives. All IPBS will be community HUBs for mental health, developed in collaboration with the ASP of Messina.
The Beauty and Science Parks Agency
The Messina Community Foundation manages the development, promotion, projects and partnerships also through the Beauty and Science Parks Agency.
The Agency operates through Network Agreements and Partnerships, open to all those actors who recognise themselves in the values and policies of the Parks and consider these spaces to be places of choice for launching unprecedented experiments in new models, social economy, urban metabolism, sustainable local development, the fight against climate change and inequalities.
- Promotes the dissemination, marketing and partnerships related to IPBS products and educational offerings;
- Develops sustainable tourism incoming strategies, unconventional training, networking opportunities to responsible organisations (the journeys of beauty and science);
- Offers certified training and consultancy to educational agencies that want to learn PBS methods and models;
- implements fundraising campaigns through cause-related marketing initiatives, working with companies that espouse social corporate responsibility attracted by social investments in the South.